Edward Knight and Debi Stewart are the people in charge of all things MLS. As the authorized MLS provider for our members and even non member REALTORS®, our department handles any and all issues you have relating to listings and regulations regarding the MLS.
These are some of the services our members enjoy:
- Annual review by NAR of MLS rules and regulations
- IDX feeds for Brokers and Member websites
- Classes for FlexMLS and Transaction Desk
- We provide MLS forms online
- Access and Access Levels for MLS
- Tracking of all contacts for listings and changes to listings
- Data error reports for information that is missing or incorrect in the MLS listing
- If a member requires an MLS exemption, please send a letter explaining the exemption
to the MLS Department. It will be reviewed by the MLS Forms Committee who will submit
a recommendation to the Board of Directors, who will make the decision on the exemption.
List of 3rd Party Companies
Tax Rates 2019
What does the MLS Rules and Regulations say about…….
You can find a copy of the MLS Rules and Regulations by opening FlexMLS and in the MLS Links box choose “MLS Rules & Regulations”. A new window will open with the MLS Rules and Regulations. You can also find links to many other useful tools also.
I would like an IDX feed.
I can’t get a photo on my listing until…..
Here are your options: Smartframe, RETS (Real Estate Transaction Standard) feed, and API.
- RETS is $15.00 monthly ($50.00 one time set up fee) Agents need Broker Approval
- API is $15.00 monthly ($50.00 one time set up fee) Agents need Broker Approval
For more information about setting up an IDX feed, Contact Ed Knight.
What happens when I report an Agent using the "Report Violation" button in FlexMLS?
You have 5 days to get a photo on your listing from the list date. After that a photographer will be sent to take a front photo only and you will be charged a fee.
An email goes to the MLS team at the Association. The error is investigated and the Agent and Broker gets a email notifying them of the error. They are given 5 days to correct the error without penalty and if it is not corrected then a fine is accessed and will continue each month until the error is corrected or one year goes by. The person reporting the error is not revealed.
How do I enter Sold information on a property when the Selling Agent was a nonmember?
Nonmembers do not have individual User Names or Broker Numbers. In the lookup box where you would typically select a member, you can chose the non-member option.
One of our Listings expired, but we need to relist it. What is the easiest way to do this?
What paperwork should I send in if I use “Copy” to relist a property?
Go to the menu and chose copy uner the add/change heading. Place the MLS # in the box and chose next. A new listing will now open.
I’m from another board and want to put a Listing in the Lansing MLS, what do I do?
If the expiration was a typo and the original Listing Contract has not expired, or if you have a Listing Contract Change form with an extension signed by the seller before the Lising Contract expired, you can replace the old MLS number on the paperwork with the new MLS number and upload it in the Documents folder on FLex. If the original Listing Contract expired, you will need a new Listing Contract, Listing Form, etc. to send to the Association.
Can you tell me the Statistics for……
The cost varies depending on what board you are with ($75, $50, $25). We will email you an application to purchase the listing packet you need to fill out to put the Listing in our Board. You will also need a letter of recommendation from your main board. Once you have sent the application to purchase a listing packet back to us, either by email, fax with credit card information or by mail with a check, you will receive the Listing packet by email. We need to have you fill out the packet, and send it back to us. (email, fax or mail) You will need to include a copy of the contract you are using with your board. It takes three to five business days to input the Listing into our system. Email pictures in jpeg format to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are statistics that can be run by going to Flex and choose Reports then Statistics.
What is our coverage area?
We cover Clinton, Eaton and Ingham counties; however our MLS has some Listing in counties that are adjacent to all three counties such as Ionia, Shiawassee, Livingston and Jackson. We also offer a data share with RealComp and MichRic.
- Battle Creek Area Association of REALTORS®
- Branch County Association of REALTORS ®
- Grand Rapids Association of REALTORS®
- Greater Kalamazoo Association of REALTORS®
- Hillsdale County Board of REALTORS®
- Mason Oceana Manistee Board of REALTORS®
- Montcalm County Association of REALTORS®
- Southwest Michigan Association of REALTORS®
- St. Joseph County Association of REALTORS®
- West Central Association of REALTORS®
- West Michigan Lakeshore Association of REALTORS®
- Commercial Board of REALTORS®
- Dearborn Area Board of REALTORS®
- Detroit Association of REALTORS®
- Down River Association of REALTORS®
- Eastern Thumb Association of REALTORS®
- East Central Association of REALTORS®
- Greater Metropolitan Association of REALTORS®
- Grosse Pointe Board of REALTORS®
- Lapeer and Upper Thumb Association of REALTORS®
- Livingston County Association of REALTORS®
- North Oakland County Board of REALTORS®
Why aren’t my Listing showing up on Websites other than www.lansing-realestate.com?
How do I get into the Reciprocal access for Ann Arbor, Shiawassee, or Flint?
You may not have Opted in as a Company to IDX (Internet Data Exchange), a form can be sent to you to do that.
All reciprocal information can be found through RPR (REALTORS Property Resource).